Synthesis and Biological Applications of Glycoconjugates.
Synthesis and Biological Applications of Glycoconjugates gives a summary of contemporary findings in glycoconjugate research. 14 chapters, all written by active scientists in the field cover the most recent conceptual and methodological advances which have been achieved in the quest of elucidating the mechanism by which sugar-binding takes place.
- Bacterial lectins and adhesins : Structures, Ligands and Functions (A. Imberty)
- Ligands for FimH (T.K. Lindhorst)
- Mulivalent Glycoalixarenes (F. Sansone, G. Rispoli, A. Casnati & R. Ungaro)
- Solving Promiscuous Protein Carbohydrate Recognition Domains with Multivalent Glycofullerenes (Y.M. Chabre & R. Roy)
- Monovalent and Multivalent Inhibitors of Bacterial Toxins (E.D. Hayes & W. B. Turnbull)
- Monovalent and Multivalent Glycoconjugates as High Affinity Ligands for Galectins (S. Vidal)
- Combinatorial Libraries of Dendritic Glycoclusters (J-L. Reymond & T. Darbre)
- Cyclopeptide-Based Glycoclusters (O. Renaudet, D. Boturyn & P. Dumy)
- Oligonucleotide-Carbohydrate Conjugates (N. Spinelli & E. Defrancq)
- Glycoliposomes and Metallic Glyconanoparticles in Glycoscience (M. Marradi, F. Chiodo, I. Garcia & S. Penades)
- Chemoselective Glycoslylation Techniques for the Synthesis of Bioactive Neoglycoconjugates , Glyconanoparticles and Glycoarrays (F. Peri)
- Glycosidases in Synthesis of Glycomimetics and Unnatural Carbohydrates (V. Kren)
- Diels-Alder Nased Synthesis of Glycomimetics (C. Nativi, E. Dragoni, B. Richichi & S. Roelens)
- Analytical Tools for Protein-Carbohydrate Interactions Studies (C. Goyer & P. Labbe)
The thorough update on major achievements in chemical methods and biological applications employed in glycosciences, should be of interest for a broad community of students and professional researchers in both academia and industry.