Glycoscience : Biology and Medicine
The aim of this book is to provide a concise overview of the current status of glycoscience in basic biology and medical applications including the mechanisms of various diseases, biomarker discovery, and therapeutics and to propose future directions in order to facilitate the further integration of glycoscience with other areas of biology and medicine.
This book provides readers with numerous simple overviews of current topics in the field of glycoscience. This book is arranged is such a way that readers will have the opportunity to become familiar with concepts of glycoscience and with the current protocols used in experiments.
- Introduction to Glycoscience Current Status and New Challenges in Glycoscience.
- Analytical and Structural Approach : Technical Description for Analyzing Glycans
- Glycoinformatics : New Approach for Informatics and Databases for Glycoscience
- Chemoenzymatic Synthesis of Glycans : Chemical and Enzymatic Methods of Glycan Synthesis
- Imaging of Glycans : New Techniques
- Neuroglycobiology : Role of Glycans in Neurobiology and Neuroscience
- Immunoglycobiology : Role of Glycans in Immunoreactions
- Microbial Glycobiology and Infection Glycobiology:Role of Glycans in Infections
- Developmental Glycobiology
- Glycan Recognition, Quality Control and Metabolism : Role of Glycan Recognition on Cell Surface, Cytosol and Metabolic Pathway
- Glycan Signaling and Regulation : Role of Signaling Pathway and Gene Regulation of Glycan Synthesis
- O-GlcNAcylation : Central Role of O-GlcNAc in Metabolism
- Disease Glycomics and Glyco-Biomarkers : Implication of Glycans in Disease and Application for Biomarkers
- Role of Glycans in Cancer
- iPS Development and Differentiation : Role of Glycans in iPS and Stem Cell Markers
- Glycotherapeutics : Application of Glycans for Therapeutics