The Chemistry-Glycobiology Frontier
Under the title “The chemistry-Glycobiology Frontier” the issue n°134 of the Journal of American Chemical Society provides a selection of highlighted articles which are illustrating the wealth of current and emerging research at the chemistry-glycobiology interface. Five focus areas have been selected that are important lines of research.
- Getting a Grip on Glycoconjugates with Selective Labelling and Imaging
- Using Glycans to Modulate the Structure and Fubction
- Assembling Tailored Glycans and Glycoconjugates with a little help from Nature
- Exploring Glycan Recognition and Processing Enzymes through Chemical and Physical Approaches
- Strength in Numbers and the Recurring Paradigm of Multivalency.
The editorial preface by Barbara Imperiali, places all these themes in perspective and offers a brilliant description of the present state of the art and a strong advocacy of crossing the borders.